8:00am - 11:30am
3 CEUs Lecture & Certification:
Breaking the Cycle: Human Trafficking Training for Dental Professionals
Presented by: Amber Lovatos, RDH, BSDH, MAADH and An Chih (Angela) Do, RDH, MEd, MAADH from Dental Hygiene Spark, LLC
In 2019, House Bill (HB) 2059, 86th Legislator passed legislation requiring health providers to take human trafficking training for registration and licensing renewal. This course was created in response to that legislation. This course aligns with the objectives set by the Texas Health and Human Services and will prepare health care providers to identify human trafficking situations. Every year millions of people are human trafficked and forced into labor or commercial sex work. Dental professionals are key players in combating human trafficking as they are equipped with the knowledge to identify abnormalities and signs of abuse in the head and neck. This course aims to break down misconceptions associated with human trafficking and human trafficking victims. After completion of this course the learner will be able to identify indicators of abuse and human trafficking. The dental professional will be equipped with the appropriate steps to implement in suspected human trafficking cases. They will also be provided with appropriate language to use with potential victims.
• The learner will be able to define human trafficking.
• The learner will be able to identify signs of human trafficking.
• The learner will be able to differentiate between the various types of human trafficking.
• The learner will be able to appropriately document and report signs of victimization.
• The learner will be able to develop a protocol to identify and respond to human trafficking victims.
• The learner will be able to assemble a network of resources for human trafficking victims.
top of page
bottom of page